Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Moving In

Well, it looks as though Hannah is here to stay! Sleeping in her own crib every night and telling Marcus and I what to do every minute, she has definitely arrived. It is hard to believe that she hasn't been here for the past 3 months. We have already adjusted to her schedule of eating every four hours. With Marcus now working nights and me on days, it is tough. But, the things you do for the well-being of your child. She now weighs 5 lbs. 10 oz. Her hair seems to be lightening up a bit, but the curls are slowly popping out. She is beginning to grow out of the preemie clothes. Built just like her Daddy, most are simply too short for her long torso. The eye doctor is still watching her eyes to make sure there are no changes, probably for a couple more weeks. The therapists will probably come sometime next week to evaluate her for therapy, just in case. Her pediatrician says she looks amazing and is precious...well, DUH! Thanks to everyone for all their prayers. Please keep them coming, especially for me. I am heving a very hard time letting go of the breastfeeding issue. My milk production has drastically slowed and with me working and Hannah having been on the bottle so long, she just is not tolerating it. Exclusively pumping for the past 3 months has been horrendous, but worth every minute to know she is getting the absolute best nutrition there is. We still have months worth in the freezer for her though. It just has always been a very strong desire of mine to nurse my babies...I guess it is one more thing that will not go according to my plan.

To all the NICU nurses, I know you are reading this... Words cannot express our gratitude to all of you that took care of Hannah for those 10 long weeks. I know at times I was a very anal and wondering Mom, but all of you were so kind and understanding through it all. You treated Hannah as your own baby, and took care of her as we would have liked to. Not only that, but you gave Marcus and I the overwhelming support and reassurrance that you knew we needed. I know there are a few of you that will be disappointed I am stopping nursing, but I know you know that if I didn't have to, I wouldn't. It really is for the best. To Theresa, Kris, Brenda, Sandy, Kay, Shirly, Jan, Terry, Lisa x 4, Tracey, Jenny, Wade, Betsy, Maria, Mary, Peggy, Betty, Paige, Liz, John, Angela, Susan,Julie, and to all the others I cannot think of right now, THANK YOU! You all will forever hold a special place in our hearts for saving our little girl. We cannot wait to come back for a NICU reunion.

P.S. Theresa and Kris--The offer still stands about you baby sitting Hannah. Don't think I forgot. :)

Gotta go check on the baby!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments: