Well, Hannah is doing better. They started her on a special formula today that is easy on her stomach. She has shown no problems with it thus far. Because they do not know what caused her "spell" Monday they are being very cautious. They have stopped the antibiotics for now and are watching her very close. It breaks my heart to know that my breastmilk may have hurt her. Once again, I feel responsible for her situation. It is so hard to look at you baby, the one that you prayed for for 2 years, lying there with tubes and wires everywhere and you have no control what happens to her. The doctors and nurses have been great, but lately havent been giving us any answers. They simply do not know. I am getting so frustrated. I want to know what is goingto happen in 5 weeks. Will Hannah come home? Will she be on a monitor/meds? Will she need oxygen? Will she need therapy? Will I be able to take vacation? Everything is so up in the air and I cannot work like that. I am a planner, and none of this was in my plan. It is so unfair sometimes. Marcus is trying to be supportive, but he needs support ,too. The only thing that helps is remembering last night when I was kangarooing (holding her skin to skin on my chest) Hannah last night. To feel her little body next to me, to feel her breathe, to have her look at me and know she knows who I am, to finally feel like her mom, was amazing. I never thought I would be a mom of a preemie baby, but I will tell you, it really makes you cherish life and the one you created. Hannah, Marcus, and I will always have a special bond. Not because she is our daughter, but because we have fought through this time, the three of us together. I never want to go through this again, but will never forget this experience.
Sorry, I vented a little! Sometimes it just comes out. We love you all.
Jennifer
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Jennifer,
You are such a strong person and you too Marcus. I couldn't imagine going through what the two of you have been through. I continue to pray for the three of you and I can't wait to see ya'll. Continue to be brave and know that this too shall pass. I love you,Jennifer. Call me if you need me.
Love,
Ré
Marcus and Jennifer, We are going to pray a special prayer today, even more than usual.You are such great parents already. The Lord new who to a special gift like Hannah to. We are praying "without ceasing", that God will be with with throughout all of this. Hannah is the second wonderful blessing God has given to Pawpaw and me. Mawmaw Doris
Howdy...
We know what it is like to watch helplessly while your child goes through rough times. Our prayers are with you and hope to see you'll soon.
Don & Kay
Howdy...
We know what it is like to watch helplessly while your child goes through rough times. Our prayers are with you and hope to see you'll soon.
Don & Kay
Post a Comment