Friday, March 04, 2005

6 months

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well, making it through cold season OK. We just got back last weekend from Branson. We had a great time! It was very relaxing and well needed. Hannah racked up on clothes. That tends to happen when you go to an Osh Kosh and Carter's outlet store. Marcus was so cute picking out clothes for her. I can tell they will be the best of friends. I may be put on the back burner for awhile after she gets here. I guess I will be needed for one thing... MILK! No, I'm just kidding, but he is going to be a GREAT Dad. This little girl has no idea how much she is already loved.

Like I said, Branson was much needed. Especially after the trip to the hospital the week before. Yes, we got our first experience in labor and delivery about 2 weeks ago, I still have the track marks to prove it. A stomach virus latched on to me for about 12 hours and I couldn't shake it. Marcus made an executive decision and we were on our way to the hospital. The ER staff QUICKLY took me to L&D where I was put on baby monitors. 4 hours later...they decided maybe I needed to stop throwing up, and finally gave me an IV with this cool drug Phenergen. It knocked me OUT! They pumped about 1500 ccs of fluid into me. Poor Marcus sat there the whole day while I slept. He didn't eat, sleep, or anything. I felt so bad for him. We came home later that night. It was not fun! But, Hannah and I are fine and back to normal. She was a little mad from being up all night and not eating and made us very aware of it. They couldn't keep her on the monitor, she kept swimming away from it. She is hard headed like her Mom. I think we will keep her, anyway.

Well, we are 24 weeks and counting. Hannah is so active these days. Sometimes it feels like she is trying to bust through my belly button. She seems to be on a schedule pretty much. She is awake at the same times everyday, including when her Dad comes home from work at 700. They have their hellos and I love yous and she goes to sleep until about 930 when I am trying to go to sleep and she is all over the place. It is so cool! Marcus has felt her a couple of times, but she is still a little small. I want him to be able to feel her so bad! His eyes light up when he can feel her though. It is really special! We see our new DR Monday. Yes, I am changing DRs at 6 months pregnant. I know, it is silly, but Marcus and I have decided this is best. We really want to have Hannah "naturally" and my old DR is not really for that. He practices at UAMS and they tend to push you the other way. We have changed to a Christian based clinic that delivers at Baptist Hospital or St. Vincent's where they are more "natural" friendly. We are pretty excited about it. Hopefully all goes well.

Well, anyway, enough rambling. We love all of you and hope to see yall soon!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments: